Semi-working Mom

Record breaking temperatures in the 70s and 80s for almost two weeks in March...in Chicago??  Heck YES!  Mild Chicago winter or not, I want nice weather, as early as I can get it.   I had several moments during that time where I felt downright gleeful...feeling the sunshine on my face, leaving the house without a coat, windows rolled down in the car, taking our cabin fever dog out for walks daily instead of occasionally, and bringing our animal-obsessed toddler to the zoo multiple times.

One of my favorite moments followed a half hour walk with our dog Otto, pulling Luke in his wagon.  We went to the neighborhood park, Luke ran around and played for a while, spent a good 15 minutes on a "suh-WING!!" (his words), and I finally got him to sit down on a blanket in the grass for a picnic lunch.  As a working Mom, I realized how lucky I am, to have the opportunity to do these kind of things with my kid, because my work hours are not long, or traditional (I start work at 1:30pm). To be able to do a "stay-at-home Mom" kind of thing...like spontaneously take my kid to the park for a picnic, because it's a beautiful day to be outside, and still have a job to go to later that day, that I truly enjoy and take pride in, makes me one lucky woman, and one happy semi-working Mom.

Comments

Most Popular Posts