Papa

Most Sundays, we have dinner at my parents house... a new tradition we started after I had my son, Luke, so that my parents can see a lot of their grandson.  *Bonus for me, that's one day a week I don't have to worry about what's for dinner.

While I love my Dad and overall, I think we have a good relationship, we don't always connect. This past Sunday, my Dad asked if he could feed Luke.  He sat in front of the baby, spoon feeding him pureed sweet potatoes, followed by his oatmeal mixed with apples. My Dad, ("Papa" to Luke) talked to Luke about what crazy mix of food he thought he was feeding him.  Luke blew his raspberries a couple of times, splattering orange baby food all over the place.  My Dad just laughed and laughed.  Papa enjoyed feeding him so much, I could literally feel how happy it made him.

Comments

Most Popular Posts