Neighborly Love

I woke up cranky, and I'm pretty sure I was a nag all day. (My poor husband!)  I talked him into taking the fussy baby out for a walk with the antsy dog. Twenty minutes later, the baby had calmed down, the dog was good and tired, and everybody was feeling better. As we arrived back home, our next door neighbor waved us over and yelled, "Come over for cake!"  We haven't had dinner yet, but answered "Sure, why not" anyway. 

We sat at a picnic table with our next door neighbors, and our babies, who are just 6 weeks apart.  We ate some mediocre cake, and watched their 3 other kids run around acting like maniacs with our dogs. We guessed each others ages, and laughed that we REALLY didn't know, even though we have lived next door to them and hung out on summer days for 6 years now. 

Don't you LOVE having great neighbors?  I do.

Comments

Most Popular Posts