Fraggles on the frigid Chicago Lakefront

This may sound nuts, but I walked 5 miles in a blustery, rainy 36 degrees in downtown Chicago Sunday morning, and it was kind of great. We were there to honor the memory of our friend, and to others on our team... sister, wife & mommy.  The wet weather was cold and awful...so much so, we were laughing, as we were swearing and complaining. It felt great because there was a "we're all in this together" feeling.   My friend Kim and I said "This is CRAZY!!" over and over to each other as we walked along the lake, where it got even windier and wetter. Finishing the full 5 miles felt amazing.  Hope our buddy Chrissie could feel the love.  I feel like I speak for our whole team when I say...we would have done that walk in February during the "worst snowstorm in Chicago history" for her, she was that awesome.

Comments

Most Popular Posts