Lookee here, I'm a builder.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I MADE this dog house with my kid.    Out of 2 cardboard boxes and a stack of construction paper.   I used a box cutter, shipping tape, paint, and paint brushes we had around the house.  It cost $0 to make, and I must say....I think it turned out alright.   Especially since it cost nothing.
We've had a bit of cabin fever, with the frigid temps outside, and so much time off school for the holidays.  Our preschooler went back to school an entire WEEK before our first grader, so I needed something for us to do.  Saw a "how to" video for a cat house on a friend's Facebook wall, and thought: "Hey! We have a cat-sized dog.  We have cardboard boxes.  We can make that!"


Here is a photo, mid-process. My kid helped with the taping parts, the choosing of colors, the painting, the cutting of construction paper shingles, and the gluing of shingles.  I did all the cardboard cutting, (we don't need a hospital visit).  Be sure to use a sharp box cutter, while you could get away with strong scissors for some of the cardboard box cutting, you won't be able to cut out the windows with scissors.






The round decorative windows are my favorite part.

I don't have to tell you it's an indoor dog house, do I?

*For Indoor use only.




Here, on the left, our dog "Otto" was pushed into his new dog-house, and he isn't loving it.  Turns out, he's too tall for the original door.  I cut out some extra space at the entrance, (right) and now he goes in on his own, and even likes it!



Here's a link to the video we used for instructions. Their cat-house is WAY cuter.  Don't judge.


Comments

Most Popular Posts